Ali and Karly tackle the topic of birth plans in this episode of the podcast! Here’s an overview of what’s covered:
- The definition of a birth plan, and why it’s probably better to think of it as a list of birth PREFERENCES instead of a plan
- Where to begin when putting together your birth preferences, including the importance of getting good prenatal education, choosing a supportive care provider, and having excellent support during labor (i.e. get a doula!)
- How to organize your birth plan, including things you might want to include about labor, birth, and the postpartum period
- Some tips for making a birth plan for a cesarean
- Why it’s so important to keep it short and sweet!
- Some things you probably DON’T need to include
- How to present your preferences to the staff at your birth place in a way that fosters communication and teamwork
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!